Complaint Procedure

Please note that complaints are kept completely separate from your medical records and the affect your future care.

Sometimes things go wrong that can affect the care that you receive. We are here to listen and address any complaint you may have.

We operate an informal complaints system.  Please follow the steps below.

  1. Contact the Office Manager in the first instance who will try and solve any issues you may be having quickly and to your satisfaction. You can do this over the ‘phone or in person. This is usually the quickest route to resolution.
  2. If you would prefer to put your complaint in writing then please send us your letter for the attention of: Practice Manager, Calder Community Practice, Todmorden Health Centre,2nd Floor, Lower George Street, Todmorden, OL14 5RN

We aim to acknowledge your letter within five working days

We aim to respond following a full investigation within 30 working days.

Contacting us in the first instance usually identifies a problem and we can put things right straight away.  We review all complaints annually and put improvements in place as a result.

We hope that you will use our Practice Complaints Procedure if you are unhappy. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve the services we provide. We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly when they arise. However if you feel uncomfortable raising your concerns our complaint directly with us or if you believe this is not appropriate, you can raise your complaint with the ICB who commission and pay for the NHS Services you use at:

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 01924552150

In writing: West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board Complaints Team, White Rose House, West Parade, Wakefield, WF1 1LYT

They are open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm and are closed on Bank Holidays.

Please note if you have raised your concerns or complaint with us already, the West Yorkshire ICB will not be able to reconsider the same concerns. You can find more information on how to make a complaint to the ICB on their website:

Contacting us first is the quickest and simplest way of solving nearly all problems. If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint or how it was dealt with, you can ask the Health Service Ombudsman to investigate it.

The Health Service Ombudsman is a free, independent complaints service. If they decide that the NHS has got things wrong, they can make recommendations to put things right.

You can contact the Health Service Ombudsman in the following ways.

  • By phoning 0345 015 4033 (textphone 0300 061 4298 for people who are deaf or have problems using a standard phone).
  • By sending an email to: [email protected]
  • By texting ‘call back’ with your name and mobile number; to 07624 813 005. Someone will the call you.
  • If you use BSL you can use their Sign Video service
  • By writing to: Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP

You can also visit their website at:

If you want help making a complaint, Healthwatch Hounslow can help you find independent NHS complaints advocacy services in your area.

Alternatively, POhWER is a charity that helps people to be involved in decisions being made about their care. Call POhWER’s support centre on 0300 456 2370 for advice.